Monday, June 28, 2010

Amazing Migraine!


If any of you have experienced a migraine, or know someone who has, you understand the complete pain they are! I had been suffering with severe migraines... the kind that make you go blind... numb half your body, and make you puke your guts out... for years... My mom has them, so I figured that I was stuck with them for life... I tried medication, but they just mostly made me feel more sick. Anyway I finally had enough and told my doctor that I wanted to be checked for a hole in my heart. I had heard from several clients that the reason they had migraines was because of a hole in their heart that they were bore with. anyway to make a long story short, I indeed had a very large hole in my heart... an atrial septal defect... where the wall between the two atria of my heart didn't develop... so some of the un-oxygenated blood that should have been going to my lungs to get filtered was going straight to my brain, an was a direct trigger to my migraines. I met with doctor Sherman Sorensen, an amazing doctor that deals mostly with Paten foramen ovule or atrial septal defects. The procedure I had was relatively simple... They go through the vein in the leg up to the heart and apply a device that acts like a patch to cover the hole... Eventually the tissue will cove the device and you are like new... I felt amazing right after the procedure, and it has been three months and I have not had a single migraine! If you know anyone that suffers these horrible headaches, don't hesitate to get them checked out! The following link is to doctors website! http://www.sorensenmd.com/

No comments: