Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Am I obsessed with pumpkin?


Like I said before, I love pumpkin. This is a little recipe for a pumpkin protein shake! Combined with the great taste of the TopForm Whey protein, this is a sure hit!

Ingredients:
6 Ice Cubes
1/3 cup of canned pumpkin puree
1/3 cup of 2% evaporated milk
1 cup of vanilla flavored soy milk
2 packets of splenda
Cinnamon to taste
Nutmeg to taste
And the most important ingredient... 1 scoop of Vanilla TopForm Better Whey protein

Add all ice cubes, wet ingredients, and dry ingredients into a blender.
Blend until shake consistency.

The evaporated milk is used for it's creamy consistency. For those that are lactose intolorant, remove the evaporated milk and increase soy milk to 1-1/3 cups.

Nutrition:
Calories 264
Fat 5.5 grams
Carbohydrates: 28 grams
Protein 28 grams

This is an excellent shake to use as a post exercise recovery drink!

3 comments:

indyman said...

Is the pumpkin puree just the same stuff that you use for pumpkin pies?

Mike said...

Yes, it is the canned stuff.

indyman said...

Needed more pumpkin so I added a 1/2 cup for my second shake and it was better I was like drinking pumpkin pie mmm,mmm good.